Friday, March 15, 2013

Guess who I met in Tokyo..


Meeting Macho after almost 12 years since he left the Philippines is next to impossible due to the population density of Tokyo with more or less 10 million people, I don't have a cellular phone, we are not friends in any social network, he changed his email address, and he did not know I am here in Japan. But how in the world did we meet?

Call it destiny but a Nihonjin friend happened to meet him and Macho mentioned Iloilo. This Nihonjin prompted to ask him if he knows me as if I am a prominent figure in Iloilo City. Macho handed his calling card and we exchanged emails and agreed to meet today.

Well, we had a great time reminiscing the good old days in Regional Science Teaching Center at West Visayas State University where he used to work as Japan Overseas Volunteer and I worked as a student assistant.

This incident made me reflect on something unfathomable. When statistical probability cannot explain the matter of chance, we cannot help but think that it was meant to be. I believe God wants me to be happier today. Second, if two friends are destined to meet after long separation how much more lovers? Someday, someone will come along our way that God wants us to be with forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment