Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Who is the new face of poverty?

Last May 5 I posted in my Facebook wall what Manny said in his pre-fight speech and I quote,
"..the greatest fight in my life is not in boxing but to end poverty. I will wear a yellow gloves during my fight to symbolize my fight against poverty."
Therefore to 'symbolize' poverty is Mosley? I just hope Manny will end poverty.
Three days after the fight people are still talking 'mosley' about the KO of Mosley and Manny's as well. I think it is obvious that Manny was pushed. How can one toppled down without hitting. That would be a great violation of physics law. How can there be motion when force was not applied in the first place? Do we have to watch the slow motion picture to verify it? Well, it is disappointing to see how idiotic a referee can be.
It is May 10 today and it marks the first anniversary of the computerization of our election. Try to examine what really transpired after a year. There are three questions we can reflect on:
1. Matuwid na ba ang daan?
2. Tinutuwid na ba ang daan?
3. Tutuwirin pa lang ang daan?
Logic would tell us that Manny want to end poverty economically. I still believe that our poverty goes beyond money. We simply fail to realize that there is more to the poverty in money. We are wanting in spirit. We have a poverty in spirit as a nation. How many of us are really thinking of working for nation-building? What we have in mind is always for our own self and for family. If you ask by random people you know about their dream, it always converges towards self fulfillment. Ask them and their reply is, "Manurse ako to work abroad." or "mawork ako sa gwa kay mas damo didto kitaon." Ok, I have nothing against those people who took up Nursing and OFWs. One cannot simply effect change when he is simply a spectator at the back waiting for things to happen rather than a front liner.
Freddie Roach challenged Manny to knock out Mosley but he didn't. I would like to symbolize  Roach as the Filipino people. He was told to give it a try but I suspect that Manny did not want to. He was kind enough not to inflict pain on Mosley. He only gave his best when a referee counted on him. The referee for me are circumstances that will awaken our national consciousness. Now please excuse me for I will start looking for national consciousness.
*****
The Governor of Albay faulted PAGASA (Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration) for its erroneous report. click here Where in the Philippines did he learn his weather and climate prediction lesson? Does he even know what forecast mean. My Encarta dictionary would define it as  "suggest what will happen". And no one can be definite when it comes to weather. I repeat, NO ONE CAN BE DEFINITE. If weather can be predicted DEFINITELY then we should halt our study of climate science. The truth is, there is nothing to halt in the first place because no school in the Philippines offers an undergraduate on climate science. Not even UP. I just hope it wont come to the attention of Pnoy or else  our few (yes, you can count them in your fingers) will start packing and go to Australia to earn 5 times (you need not get a lens that it is 5 x) what they earn in Australia. I won't rant other benefits they get to enjoy.
*****
Today is May 10 and one year after...complete the sentence by giving comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment