Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What reminds me of you?


A coral growing in a shard of soft drink bottle is what I found in the shore of Sibato island. Suddenly, I remembered the coral assemblage research. I don't know what is wrong with me; but, I am definitely fine with how I associate an object, plant or situation to all my research advisees.

Whenever I pass by the Bito-on bridge, I remember Paul and Francis. Bougainvillaea also reminds me of Raymond. Filter and rubber remind me of Paolo and Matthew. Banana reminds me of Rona, Colleen and Raymund. However, Rona reminds me of hair and her "grand" entrance in class. Mushroom, the shed in our school, reminds me of Bee Gee, Kathleen and Scarlet. It has nothing to do with their materials, but more on the drama which took place in mushroom. Leaves, twigs, branch and all plant parts remind me of Dwayne, Gengen and Sam. Until today I still think of shrimp's genitalia and associate it with Annie, Mariel and Jaya. Urine reminds me of Ruth while twist ties, crumpled pages of log book as well as Rhizophora reminds of Karlo. The prop root reminds me especially of Mariedel while pieces of traced graphing paper remind me of her two other companions, Krizl and Charlene. Any disturbing noise remind me of Harold and Miko and the silence, both literal and figurative, reminds me of Shaine, Sherwin and Maureen.

Blame it to countless jeepney ride from Pisay WV to Banate every other week, sumptuous meals in Joyjoy, boat ride, likewise the highs and lows of emotions and tides, I cannot just take it off in my mind the Banaters (Ela, Karli, Dustin, Minnie, Joebert, Eros, Baby Li Arolf aka LA, Melvin, and Kim). I have to admit that due to the length of time we were together there are so many things which remind me of you. Of course, sleep out, Nong Gil, Anilao, swimming and shrimp remind me of Natz, Lounie and Bea.

Staphylococcous reminds me of Vince and Von, the double Vs. Suicide and crocodile's eggs remind of Nico if I have to take him as a lone researcher while capital D-R-A-M-A if I have to include Yusay and Snow. So please don't ever provoke me or else they will know the drama.

Looking at my teeth reminds of Baby Payba, Kenn and Rhyll Joy. Yusay is the reason why I stopped drinking powdered orange juice. Muds (lots of them in breadth and depth) remind me of Ponpon, Karla and Lainly. Bits of styro balls remind me of Bea and Charlene. Human hair and water in a canal remind me of Kip, J-ann and Katreena. Fishes in wet market remind of Cathrina, Thea, and April. Faucet filters remind me of Jam2x and Robert while Tam-od redefined the meaning of patience and tolerance for me.

Most of all Dwayne reminds me of Shari and Shari reminds me of Dwayne.

2 comments:

  1. I think i just added a whole year to my lifespan from laughing at the last sentence. =))

    ReplyDelete